Solar Electricity Grant
Support is available to all owners of dwellings built and occupied before 2011 and where SEAI have not previously provided support for solar PV system at that address. This is available for all new Solar PV installations from Thursday 19th December, 2019.
Claim up to €3,000
Homeowners can now avail of a rebate to support the installation of Solar PV panels and battery energy storage systems.
SEAI Grant Application Process
SEAI Grant Summary
- €900 for every kWp up to a maximum of 2kWp. (Any installation over 2kWp must install a battery)
- €300 for every additional kWp up to 4kWp if you get a battery.
- A Battery Storage System has an additional grant payment of €600.
- For 4kWp: You will receive €2400 for 4kWp solar panels plus €600 for the battery system.
- Grant is a one-off payment that is sent directly to the customers bank account via SEAI.
- Existing homeowners with PV, qualify for the battery grant.
- Only an installer who is on SEAI’s Renewable Installers Register for Solar PV can certify the installation.