Who we are
Our website address is: https://solargeneration.ie.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
We keep contact form submissions for a certain period for customer service purposes, but we do not use the information submitted through them for marketing purposes.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We use technologies, such as cookies, to customise content and advertising, to provide social media features and to analyse traffic to the site. We also share information about your use of our site with our trusted social media, advertising and analytics partners.
Who we share your data with
Facebook & Google
Whenever you visit or interact with the Services, we may use a variety of technologies such as cookies, clear GIFs, pixel tags, log files, and other technologies or third-party services (such as LeadID) to automatically or passively collect certain information about users of the Services and interactions with our emails and online advertisements.
We may also automatically collect the following information about you:
- Computer or Device Information: We may automatically collect your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address or other unique identifier or information from the computer, mobile device, tablet or other device you use to access the Services, including but not limited to your browser type, device type, system type, and the domain name from which you accessed the Services.
- Usage Information: We may collect information about your use of the Services, including the date and time you visit the Services, the content, areas, or pages of the Services that you visit, the website or app from which you navigated to the Services, the page or app you visit after leaving the Services, the amount of time you spend viewing or using the Services, the number of times you return to the Services, as well as other click-stream or usage data, and whether you open, forward or click-through an email to the Services. For legal compliance purposes, we may also capture or record your interactions with www.solargeneration.ie to confirm that your information was submitted to us through www.solargeneration.ie
- Via Our Third Party Service Providers. We may use third party service providers to support our Site or Apps. Some of these service providers may use technology such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, log files, Flash cookies, or HTML5 cookies to receive, collect, and store information.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
We may use the information we collect from and about you for any of the following purposes:
- To present our Services and their contents to you.
- To analyze, improve, operate, and maintain the Services, our programs, services, and other systems, and to develop new products and services.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us, and to contact and communicate with you when necessary.
- To assess the suitability of your home for a solar system.
- To allow you to take certain actions related to your account, including, but not limited to, tracking the progress of your solar system installation, making and managing payments, viewing billing history, calculating your post-solar savings, reviewing and monitoring your solar production, managing your account and contact information, and viewing and downloading your solar system agreement.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Services or any products or services we offer or provide though them.
- To provide you and other users with customized content, targeted offers, and advertising on the Services, or across other websites, mobile applications, social media or online services, or via direct mail, email, and/or telemarketing regarding offers, contests, events, news, programs, and other retail opportunities from us and/or selected third parties that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To determine the effectiveness of our marketing programs.
- To use your data in an aggregated non-specific format for analytical and demographic purposes.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information to us.
Additionally, if you use the Services to connect with third-party services that you authorize us to use information from and about you, on your behalf, to interact with these third-party services based on your requests.
How we protect your data